What information we collect
When you register for our newsletter, submit a query via one of our website forms, sign up for an event or service, download a product, or submit an application to our careers page, we ask that you submit some, or all of the following information:
- Your name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Job title
You may choose to visit our site anonymously, without providing any of the above information. However certain services on our site – such as software or content downloads, communication requests, CV submissions, may require that these details be entered on a mandatory basis. This is because those details are essential for us, to be able to provide you with such services. If you visit our site in order to apply for particular careers vacancy or to get notifications of any future careers updates, then you may also be asked to upload your resume or curriculum vitae. We also collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times, and referring website addresses.
Why we collect your information
The information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To perform the services requested (for instance if you’ve filled in a contact form asking to speak to a member of our team, we use your information to get in touch with you).
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs by sending you targeted information which may be more relevant to you).
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the type of content our users click on or download).
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs).
- To conduct analysis on how effective our marketing campaigns are, how our products and services are used or downloaded and to track lead generation for our sales process.
- To create your online profile which we create for every user who registers on our site or for a service.
- To send marketing material, event invitations and updates. The email address you provide may also be used to send you important updates related to the site or the services you use.
- We track and analyze your actions on our website such as navigation, number of visits, downloads and search items to gain a better understanding of our visitors and their movements through the site.
Who your information is shared with
How we process your data
We will only collect and process personal data about you, where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you and legitimate interests (such as to protect you, us, or others from security threats, comply with laws that apply to us and to enable or administer our business through consolidated reporting, customer service etc.)
Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object. If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your personal data or wish to withdraw consent or object, please submit your request in the our contact form.
Security of your data
We implement security safeguards designed to protect your data, such as HTTPS. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. If a breach / unauthorized access of personal data takes place we will make you aware of the breach and if it affects you in any way.
Your rights to your data and how to manage your preferences
We may retain your information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. For instance, we may retain your information during the time in which you have an account to use our website or services. We also may retain your information during the period of time needed for Marquelink to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Marquelink acknowledges your right to access your data. If information pertaining to you as an individual has been submitted to us then you have the right to access, correct, or edit your data. If you wish, we can provide all the personal information on our records to you or to someone you nominate in a portable format as well. All you have to do is to request here, and we are happy to help.
You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
You may also choose to delete your data from our website at any time you choose and unsubscribe from any Marquelink mailing lists you are on. Please note that deleting your data may affect the provision of some services.